Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 198: Mildew-y Fresh?

Today was bittersweet, or as a friend puts it, mildew-y fresh. In the morning, it was the bitter part: the closing day for Andre Hagen's House of Pancakes. It was a bring-your-own-topping contest, and there were some pretty good entries. May I just say that it was such a good way to start the morning; I'm gonna miss Andre's pancakes. I'm gonna miss Andre, period; his piano, Mac, and general wisdom couldn't ever be replaced. Street Teams this morning was great; it's been a while since Street Teams, and I sure have missed it. It was a good few encounters we had today; we cleaned 2 places, and we caught up with our dear friend Alex who's gradually overcoming all of his addictions. The first time I saw Alex, he was so depressed and hopeless; now, he has a smile on his face and hope in his heart. The only thing between him and absolute freedom is his smoking addiction, which he is working on overcoming; that gave me inspiration to examine the things I could work towards this semester. We also had a small battle with a balcony that is barely surviving attacks from pigeons; it's gonna take a lot of work to get that balcony looking decent, but I think it's possible. After Street Teams, I went to my friend Nicole's place to help start the farewell video for our friend Mia who is leaving in less than 3 days. Basically for the past 3 weeks, we have been asking people to give a small (or medium sized) message for her to add to this big project, and today was my first interaction with all the footage. In total, the footage was 43 minutes long, but fortunately since I'm not posting this on Youtube, I can make it as long as it needs to be. I still have a bit to work on and film, so hopefully we will have it finished by tomorrow night. All the other parts of my day consisted of hanging out with my flatmates/friends, so other than the final pancakes morning, the rest of the day was sweet.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment