Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 193: The New Guys

Today was the beginning of a new era: the coming of new students. As a new semester approaches, people dear to us are leaving, but others are preparing to start their Hillsong legacy. I was part of the welcoming committee, introducing ourselves to them, talking about the college, showing them around the church, and taking them to their new homes. One thing that surprised me was how many Californians are coming this semester; it was AWESOME!!! It's gonna feel much more like home now that there are more people from my home state. I got to help a few guys out getting settled into the Hillsong college life, which was something I'm grateful that happened to me. My friend Aaron was the guy that helped me out, and I'm glad to have done the same for these new people. We have a lot of worship students with this intake, which is both good and bad; we could use some more pastoral students, I think. Anyways, this break is going well so far; can't wait for the second semester to begin!!!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment