Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 195: The House You're Building

So today was a full rest/socializing day. I was supposed to clean my old flat's balcony, but the progress I made was buying cleaning supplies for it. I just felt like resting; my body has been feeling exhausted, like as if I'm still regaining energy from conference. But I got to spend a lot of time with my flatmates, which was awesome; I feel very much at home when I'm hanging out with these guys. I also went with some friends to play a little friendly game of basketball; dad, just so you know, I did a pretty good job! I scored a lot more times than I expected, and I was the most surprised haha. A little while after that, it was off to the going away party for 4 of our dear friends; it's sad to think about it, but at the same time it's cool to see them moving on to their futures. A good number of our students left for their homes today; it won't be the same without them, but then again they are needed wherever they are headed. Right now, I got back from hanging out with a few other friends just chatting and playing guitar and messing around with my "perfect pitch". I'm really tired, so I'm going to sleep.

God bless,
Steven

P.S. Audrey Assad's new album, The House You're Building, is a phenomenal piece of art and poetry. Just wanted to throw that out there..

No comments:

Post a Comment