Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 184: Moving On Up

So today was awesome. After a visit to Hagen's House of Pancakes (which was amazing, as always), it was Street Teams time! This morning was crucial because we HAD to get the windows cleaned for a Russian lady in our tower. It took a very long time, but we eventually finished the job and made her very happy, so it was great to be a part of that. I love being part of Street Teams; it's just the atmosphere that brings the sense of home that I love most. I'm very excited about staying on the team next semester. The majority of the day was moving; I thought it was going to take a long time, but I ended up getting a lot of my stuff into the new flat. All I have left is some small things, my bed, and then I am finished! It's funny that I took a break from my moving by helping my friend Lauren move a couch and TV to her new flat; I ended up carrying things heavier than anything I carried into my own place. It was a good afternoon, and the evening only made it better. Saturday night church was epic; worship was epic, and so was the message. It was the first time in a long time that I've had the privilege of hearing Aslan himself, Robert Fergusson, so naturally when I heard he was giving the Word I was more than excited. Apparently, Judah Smith (OH MY WORD, HE'S HERE!!!) was supposed to give the message tonight, but for some reason it was Aslan that did it; I'm not upset though, because Robert gave a powerful message on the language of Heaven. In his opinion, he sees the language of Heaven in one word: COME. He talked about how God encourages throughout the Bible for us to come to Him, to a higher place, by simply asking us. It's up to us to answer in faith and enthusiasm. It was awesome. Right now, I am in my soon-to-be flat, and I'm gonna go to sleep very soon. Here. It should be interesting.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment