Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 186: The Opening of Opportunity

Hillsong Conference started today. Wow. All the past several weeks have been hyping and prepping for this week, and suddenly it's upon us. I always knew that it was going to be amazing; this first day passed my expectations by the half-point. So This week I'm serving in two areas: leading a small Refresh team in the backstage areas (yes, I cleaned rooms set aside for all the big guns of the church. No, I didn't take pictures) and in the evening I help with the New Christians team.

Refresh is awesome. I have an awesome team. We had an awesome time. It was an awesome first day of getting to know our level and our equipment. It was a day of unclogging toilets, emptying and replacing garbage bags, picking up random pieces of stuff, and vacuuming the kids area. All this, and getting to know some college people that I didn't really talk to as much before. I felt very proud of what we got to do today; everyone was encouraging us as we did our jobs. Everyone worked so hard to make this day a success, and I know that we accomplished that. New Christians wasn't as energizing, but it was still good. Hillsong is really good at creating atmospheres of worship and connection with God; I feel like no matter what they do, God gets all the honor and glory. Standing in a room with thousands of people makes you feel part of something epic; Hillsong conference is just that. I could go into more detail, but I have a 6:30 call time. For the rest of the week. So I need to go to sleep. Now. Good night.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment