Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 183: What about second lunch?

Today was Hillsong Conference bump-in day. All the men (and some ladies) from both campuses gathered at the humongous ACER Arena to help the staff set up the venue; let's just say that it was a very productive, tiring, and fun experience. I was a volunteer for Hillsong Conference 2 years ago, and judging by what went on today, I can only imagine that this one will be so much better. And that's a lot for me to say, because the '08 conference was epic. Fortunately, we will be blessed to hear from speakers like Ed Young, Andy Stanley, Judah Smith, and of course the ever so powerful Bishop T.D. Jakes!! I'm so excited. The team I was a part of for today did a lot of heavy lifting basically: drapes to cover the top TOP rows of the main arena, approx. 650 chairs into one of the Kidsong areas, and tables that went just about everywhere. I got to spend a lot of time with my friend Manuel, since he was the only other guy from City campus with me. I don't see him as much because he's a pastoral student, and I'm a worship student. we just don't have the same classes. But it was a good time; I'm so looking forward to being part of the Refresh team. There's a lot going into this conference, so I ask you to please pray over this conference. Thousands of people are coming, representing nations from all over the world. This is THE biggest event in all of Australia. And God is about to do something incredible in this country.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment