Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 185: It's A Good Day To Be American

Independence Day. I never would have thought that I would enjoy it so much. But I did.
It started this morning. Choir, as always, was awesome; halfway through worship, I noticed that my index finger was feeling a bit painful for some reason. I then concluded that I was feeling after-effects of a fracture I received during bump in (it was also the first time I noticed the fracture). After hearing an amazing message from Pastor Judah Smith, I asked for prayer over the finger during choir debrief (since I have to play bass tomorrow for the Spanish band). You wanna hear the good news? In less than 12 hours, my finger was back to normal without any pain!!! I love God's healing power; it's such a relief now that I'm not in pain anymore.

The afternoon was absolutely mind-blowing fun. I went with my new flatmate Donny to our friend Andrew's place, since it was the location of the big July 4th party. I helped our Canadian friend Brittany build a cake homage to the US flag (yes, a Canadian made a cake of the US flag; and it was awesome). Then we had well around 25 people that joined in on the celebration (some of them not being American, but honorary Americans); it was a ton of fun. I got the idea beforehand to make a video out of this event; and I had the bright idea to base it on the testimonials from Hillsong. It was probably the best time I had editing, because I was going all out to make it awesome. And it's awesome; to see for yourself, check out my video channel and see it in all it's glory. It's hands down my greatest video yet. I also had a blast hanging out with friends; I love this college because of the friendships I have here. I just know this next semester is going to be the bomb. I can also say that I am officially moved in; my bed is in the new flat, so I sleep here now. These guys are awesome; it's gonna be good, I just know it.

Conference starts tomorrow!!!!! I need sleep!!!!!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment