Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 334: Another Proposal?!?!

Today was split between a sad morning/early afternoon and an exciting/joy filled later afternoon/evening.

Sad side: I said farewell to one of my dearest of friends, Andrew Cacho, today; I'm sure by now he's almost home. It was super emotional when people started to cry, but I kept my cool and just gave him some encouraging words as he left. A coupe others from my intake left today too: Lauren, who was such a great part of our team, and Henrick, one of my favorite Europeans and fellow TV member. Tomorrow and Thursday won't be any easier, but now that I've seen some great people return home I can handle seeing the rest of them off.

Happy side: my flatmate from 272, Anders, proposed to his girlfriend of 4 years today. Of course she said yes (why wouldn't she? Anders is a freaking legend!!!), and everyone has been talking about it since the news broke out. I honestly couldn't be prouder of them; they are two of the most amazing people here at college, and it will be a bummer to see them go (but now not as much, because they're getting married!!!). I got all this information from my connect group leader, Georg, since he was a part of the whole thing. After connect group I went with a couple guys to a goodbye party for two other awesome people, and I got to hear how it all happened.

All in all, it was just one of those super blessed days. I also just got the word that my two great friends Joe and Rebecca are now officially dating!! What is it with all this romance happening?????

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment