Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 333: Graduation (Not Yet)

Today, a lot of my amazing friends graduated. On one side of my emotions, I was overjoyed, cheering them on and congratulating them on their success here at HILC. On the other side, I feel a bit of sadness over the fact that so many of my amazing friends are leaving towards their new season which God is calling them to. It feels like high school all over again, but this time just feels a bit more emotional. I guess it's different when you get older; you develop deeper, more intimate connections with people since you're more mature and stuff. What I can take out of it all is that the last day for these friends was a great one; it was a wonderful time, and I'm looking forward to when I get to walk across that stage, pick up my diploma, and thank pastors Brian and Bobbie for all their work to make this college possible. It was also one of the highest honors to be a part of the choir for the last 2010 college event; I got so much energy and passion like never before, and it sure was awesome. Not to mention, the talent was off the scale; city campus got to perform the item for the semester opener again, and some of the city team joined with some of the hills team to perform another song for the dance item (which was full on epic). Unfortunately, the closer was ruined due to microphones being off several times during the actual thing; the only reason I'm upset about it is because I had been in hills campus since noon to specifically work on that closer, and it got messed up. However, the team kept their cool and we managed to finish strong (well, that and a mass array of pyrotechnics and confetti blowers. The next couple days will be interesting no doubt,

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment