Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 323: First Year: Pretty Much Over

The last day of classes. I've had these days many times before, but this one seemed a little more special. It's amazing how similar years of school can be, yet they can be completely different at the same time. All my years at SFC were a key factor in making me capable of finishing this year of Bible college; there have been so many times where I could have given up, but God as my strength made it possible for me to press forward. So this morning was the rehearsal for our last chapel of the year; that didn't register in my head until it was over. Things would have been great, but the only obstacle was that we were missing two camera operators. After what was an amazing rehearsal, we had our final Christian Doctrine class; Tracy gave us more insight on the end times and how we can talk about it with non believers. It was a very good class, and I'm glad I got to be part of it this semester. Chapel was a whole other story; so my leader Vanessa wasn't with us today because she was performing a special song for chapel (and man did she do a great job!). Throughout the service, there was a whole slew of technical errors that happened; but our leaders said it was barely noticeable so that's fine with me. It was an honor to be the final senior op of college chapel 2010; just making me look forward to next year when I am co-leading the entire team with Josh. My final class of the day was the songwriting lecture; what a great way to finish a whole year of classes.
Then came the evening. So a week ago, I got a message from my good friend Patrick about operating camera 1; he asked if I could put a costume together for when I was on stage. First thing that came to my mind? NINJA. It's happened before, so I decided to make it's return. Let's just say it was a complete success. I managed to pull everything off like a ninja, because you know, that's exactly what I am! It was awesome yo; kinda thinking of doing that more often next year. Good day, good memories, good friends, and good Lord.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment