Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 313: Toast to Change

How I loved today!!! I love the fact that I serve a living God; it's just so awesome! Chapel rehearsal was fun today; I was supposed to be producer for TV, but instead I was set to camera 4 (my least favorite camera). However, thanks to Josh giving me some tips, I managed to go through rehearsal without screwing up as much as last time. One of the highlights of the day was a random one; I was approached by Joe (one of my core tutorial guys, and a very good friend) about helping him film a testimonial video for his church back home. He was supposed to get help from one of the other guys, but due to unforseen circumstances, he couldn't; so I did! It was actually pretty fun; it was definitely some bonding time with Joe. I'm gonna miss him when he leaves..
Spirit Filled Living was great today; Anita discussed anointing in the Holy Spirit, and it was so empowering; I feel smarter just listening to her talk about this stuff. After that class, it was chapel time; I did a much better job with camera 4 this time, and I'm very pleased that I didn't break anything.
Last week, we were told that our musicianship workshop was going to be different, and that we needed to bring $5 and an empty stomach. Turns out the reason why we had to do this was because Mary bought us pizza and had us watch The Freedom Writers; it's one of her favorite movies, and I must admit it was great to see it again. During the timeless scene where the students made a toast for change, Mary stopped the movie so we could have our own "toast for change"; we're losing some of our really good friends in about 3 weeks time, so it was an emotional time; we shared tears and prayed for each other, and it was such an uplifting experience. I didn't want to leave..but we eventually ran out of time. So after that sentimental time with our band, everyone went their separate ways. My evening composed of playing a childhood game, messing around with a Canon Rebel T1i (courtesy of Ben Fangmeyer), and chilling in the ol' flat. So yeah.. God's been blessing me with good days consistently for the past few weeks. You gotta love the big guy upstairs!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment