Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 324: An Answer To Prayer

I just want to share the highlight of the day with you.

So this morning was the second to last time I would serve with Street Teams. It's hard to believe how quickly this year has gone by; I can still remember the initial training day where I learned everything. It was one of the first times I got to talk with Donny, and it certainly wasn't the last. So this morning, we were doing our usual cleaning and visiting, and I really felt the need to visit an old friend. A long time ago, I met a lovely lady named Maria who's been trying to go back to Colombia to help her sister who was arrested for unfair charges; I haven't seen her in a few months, and I've been very worried about her. So when I knocked on her door, I was really hoping she would answer; to my happiness, she did! She updated me on how she has been doing, and unfortunately it hasn't really gotten better. She's been very stressed lately because of really, really noisy neighbors that prevent her from getting sleep, and it got to the point that it was affecting her blood pressure. It was upsetting news, but seeing her feel more comfortable with us as we listened showed me that she really appreciated that we were there for her. We prayed for her and her sister, and what was originally tears turned into a smile and a hope for the future. Just seeing her again made me think of my mom, because they share a similar spirit; I was tearing up just at the thought of it. We promised we would come by next week to see her, and I sure hope she'll be there.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment