Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 328: The Bar's Been Set

There's something about leadership that astounds me. Some people have the natural ability to lead others in any given circumstances. A few people can take a group of people that wouldn't normally work together and form a strong, legitimate team. A couple others could helm an entire organization and have the potential to impact the world. But only one person I know has the ability to do all this and more: God Almighty. Today was the official end of my first year of college here in Australia; I'm still trying to soak all that in. The reality of it is starting to hit me, now that I see some of my closest friends talking about packing and their trips back home; we're losing a lot of amazing people, people that have truly helped shape this year into what it's been for me. The worst part is I have to say bye to a few of them the day of graduation, because they leave the day after; it was tough saying bye to people back home, but for some reason this is more intense. I guess it's because I knew I would see my San Francisco family again; everyone here, probably not...
If anything I would consider this day a milestone. I can see how much change has come over my life, and when I step back and see how I've contributed to this church and to God's building of the church and His kingdom, all I can do is simply be amazed. There just aren't enough words in the English (or Spanish) language to describe what's happened in my life these past 10 months; scary thing is I still have another 10 to go; in just a few weeks, I'll be at the halfway point of this season. I need to get this off my mind, or I'll start crying to myself haha. So yeah, today was fantastic; we had amazing sessions with Joel A'Bell, special guest Frank Damazio, and the one and only Mark Hopkins. I had a little bit of time before Powerhouse started, so I played some Star Wars Battlefront (which I still and probably always will love) and talked with Josh and Melissa. I need to prepare for what should be an amazing day tomorrow; it'll start sad, but it will get better.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment