Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 332: A Photo Finish Finale

This was one of those days where your schedule is packed. I find myself in a place where I'm seriously grateful that God's given me a capacity to handle these kind of days; but just because it was a packed day doesn't mean it wasn't great. My day started a bit earlier than originally intended; my call time for choir was 10:30, but because of a last minute request made last night, I came to church at 6:30 to help out with TV. I got to use camera 1 for the last time until next year, and it was a fond farewell to one of my favorite pastimes here at college. It was also great to work with my TV leaders one more time; I'm gonna miss their wisdom being around to help me out. When the 8 a.m. service was done, I got some time to rest before my actual serving time with choir; it was a bittersweet morning because we sang together as one big choir for the last time, but it was such a good outing. In our debrief, we prayed and gave encouraging words to each other; one of our leaders, Rowena, gave me a word that was very nice. She said that every time she sees me, the one word that comes to mind is kindness; she said that the kindness I have is very genuine and authentic, and that it will be something that people will notice and recognize me for. The last time I got a word was from pastor Brian Paiva from Harbor Light church, and that one is only beginning to unfold in my life; it's cool when God uses others to encourage you and your life. I came home and made some lunch with Donny, and as soon as I was done, I got ready to serve in the two evening services; this time, I got to use camera 3 as my final service. In the evening, we got to hear from Frank Damazio, who gave a fantastic word on being a legitimate church; it was around this time that serving in four services the whole day finally got to me. However, as mentioned above, I have the capacity to handle this, so I finished the night strong. Now I am on my couch, grateful for an amazing day and a chance to go to sleep early.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment