Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 320: A Lot of Singing

Oh man, today was just amazing; I just wish I had the energy to explain in detail what happened. I will do my best however. So this morning started off with a chapel rehearsal for our special gospel chapel; I will say that it was one of the most fun experiences I've had in weeks. We brought so much energy into the morning that it woke me up. After sharing breakfast with Aaron, Andrew, and Caio, I got ready for my first class of the day, Spirit Filled Living. It was a bittersweet time, since Anita gave us some great insight on anointing for our last lecture. Chapel was awesome; we really felt the spirit moving in the praise and worship, and we got to hear from the graduating third year students (including Nick, who left pretty much right after chapel towards home). The musicianship/songwriting workshop was exceptionally fun; our original intention was to record four songs as a band and put them on a CD to have as a memoir. What ended up happening was we recorded 3, because we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to play two of the songs; I had the two hardest challenges of my musical career today by figuring them out in less than a half hour. These were tough songs, but I managed. Once the class was done, I had little time before the bus was going to leave for the Hills campus; what ended up happening was we got a ride from our down-the-hall neighbor and fellow student, Alison, and it was much more convenient. Leadership Vision Night was great; we got to hear updates on the current church projects, and I got to help out with choir during the praise and worship. You really don't realize how big Hills campus is until you're on the stage; it's pretty cool! Now I am back here, typing this blog while also trying to finish up some charts for a song I wrote and figure out chords for a song I will be performing on Thursday (more on that later).

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment