Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 145: On the Frontline

Today was amazing. I started bright and early for TV training; I got to learn about adjusting the on stage screens to add to the atmosphere of the worship. It was so much fun messing around with things I've never seen before. I'm stoked on getting another chance sometime in the next couple weeks. After a nice breakfast, we headed back for Personal Leadership, where we got to hear from another guest speaker who spoke on handling stress in leadership. It was good. Then it came time for chapel, where I spent the entire time in the TV room assisting with what I was practicing with earlier. It was loads of fun; even though these guys and girls are completely secluded from the rest of the college, they play an important role in the church experience. Then it was straight home to chat with the family; I love being able to talk with my parents through Skype. My sister and I prefer to keep in touch via email, so it's all good. I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing to the soulful tunes of Jimmy Needham, who is now a favorite of mine. His music blows me away, and his new stuff is definitely a top release of the year. Closing in on the evening, I got a phone call from Georg, who invited me to have dinner with him and hang out. Georg is my Connect Group leader, so we had a good chat about how we were doing and stuff while enjoying a barbecue pizza from Charcoal. Then we visited the Frontline Encounter night, which was technically a 25-35 year olds thing, but we just went in. It was pretty cool; for some reason they had this random fashion runway thing with people dressed all urban/modern/biker like. It was quite entertaining though. Afterwards, it was a Q&A session with Joel A'Bell; this guys is just full of wisdom. I feel blessed getting to hear him speak. Overall, this day was a 10/10, and I'm happy to have the day off tomorrow!!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment