Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 135: The House of God, Forever

Today was one of the best days of the semester. We started off with Street Teams, which ended up being one of most amazing Street Team days so far. We got to share a concert with one of the most adorable Russian couples in the Towers, and it went quite well. They were very happy, and learning a Russian song was loads of fun too. It was pretty much Russian day, because we chatted with a few Russian people and cleaned some windows for (you guessed it) a Russian couple. We even got to try pancakes made with apple (which I must admit, was a pretty interesting in a good way) Overall, Street Teams tends to make the day awesome, and I'm so happy I get a chance to be part of it. Afterwards, I took a break from the outside world until around 3:30, where I joined my friend Sarah to have dinner with her neighbors. She asked me to come with her because she didn't want to go by herself, and since it was a couple guys and their mom, I figured it'd be good to have some other guy there. So I got to make a few new friends, which was great; Sarah feels like fellowshipping with them can turn into a great ministry opportunity, so we'll how it unfolds. Their mom cooked a most excellent dinner, and after having a nice conversation, Sarah played a few songs since the guys are learning guitar. That was the point where we got to talk a tiny bit about Jesus; one small step in the right direction. Right after, it was evening church, which was the best way to end such an amazing day. I tell you, when you just give the day to God, it ends up being so awesome. I can't wait to see how tomorrow progresses.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment