Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 127: Yum.

For some reason, God's blessing of food really contributed to the day being awesome.... why, I don't know, but I guess in the sense that food naturally makes people happy (to some extent) that's truth. Today I was blessed with some crepes made my Anders and Tyson; perfect way to start before Old Testament lecture. Catrina spoke on some of the prophets, mainly Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea, Obadiah, Jonah, Nahum and Micah. It was a good lecture. Today's layout was different after class; so tonight was the night that Sunday night church moved to Friday night so that the moms could be properly be celebrated on Sunday. Because of that change, everyone's classes were moved to a different time. My class was moved an hour after OT, so we were going to finish early. Personal Leadership was exceptionally fun today; we got to see the amazing wedding pictures of our teacher, Anita, and her husband. She's one of those ladies whose parents figured she wouldn't get married since she's 40 now (but doesn't ANYTHING close to 40; she looks more like she's in her early 30s. Australia has that benefit: slower aging.) but God blessed her with a great husband, and from the looks of the pictures on her Facebook page, that must have been an epic day. I can only imagine how it must be to get married by Aslan himself, Robert Fergusson; if his teaching is epic beyond reason, his work as a wedding minister must be one of the best EVER. After that fun break, we just got lazy, and Anita decided to teach us some Croatian dances (LOADS of fun!!) It was nice to get a small break from the normal routine of class. Of course, we couldn't go the entire class without doing something productive, so Anita had us work on a budgeting reflection page; I realize now exactly how much I don't rely on that. I just haven't felt the need to do that, BUT I do know that if I give it a shot, it'll make it easier for me to manage my money and where it goes (although the increase in rent does not benefit me in any way; they're taking enough money for like 3 meals away from me!! =0 ). Then it was chill time until the evening service. As a bonus to the Friday night service, Hillsong hosted an International Food Festival; we had dishes from America, China, Japan, Italy, Indonesia, Mexico, India, and South Africa. Unfortunately, due to wanting to pig out after the service and trying to think ahead of what food I would choose to eat, the only thing I got to eat from there was the American hot dog (nothing like Costco's awesome hot dogs, BUT it stayed true to the American tradition of being the cheapest option on the festival menu) and a free brownie I got for getting aluminum foil for the America station (Thank you for that, Mary!). I was going to try the South African sausage roll and the butter chicken curry from the India station, but since I volunteered to help the packdown team tidy up the auditorium, all the food was gone by the time I was done. It's okay though, I decided to invest the money I planned on using to treat myself to the first meal I fell in love with here in college: Charcoal's barbecue chicken pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms, hummus, and a hint of garlic! I love eating at Charcoal; I have made a real friend with Izaat, the manager. Ever since I told him I was praying for him while he was in Jordan to see his mom before she passed away, he's been extra nice to me; I get discounted food and/or free drinks pretty much every time I go now! Like tonight, he charged me $10 for an $11 meal; I know that doesn't sound like much, but even that little bit shows how gracious he is to me. Plus, since Australia is turning out to be an expensive place to live in, it's nice to get little discounts and stuff. God, bless Izaat and his restaurant business; and give me more opportunities to show Your love to him.
Well that's it for now; I gotta wake up early again for Street Teams tomorrow!!!!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment