Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 129: Sunny Days

Today was pretty good overall. The morning started at 5:35 a.m., since I had choir nice and early. I love being able to be a part of choir; feels like home. That's mainly because I've been in a choir atmosphere for quite some time now, so I'm more than comfortable with it =) the morning service was quite spectacular; we got to hear from Aslan again, which was SWEET. He spoke on his mother and all the advice (or her oracle, as the Scripture calls it) she gave him. He spoke on how the things that she taught him were passed on to his children, because he kept ahold of that motherly wisdom. My mom has been full of wisdom for as long as I can remember; no matter what aspect of life, she always has a thing or two to say about it. I appreciate that, because now I'm using those words of wisdom to survive here; she taught me well. After the service, I helped out Donny in making a video card for his mom; apparently, he's had a pair of shoes that his mom has been bugging him to get rid of. In the video, he throws them away as a present for her; it was funny, and it was fun to film. Donny then asked me and our friend Lauren if we could accompany him to go pick up a piƱata for a birthday dinner being held for our other friend Noe. I have to admit, that was a lot of fun; it turns out me, Donny, and Lauren make a good team. We just add to each other's personalities; it's pretty cool. When we got back to the Meritons, we hung out at his place and talked music; we shared our favorites. Very educational, I would say. Then I came back to my place to just chill. I also got to talk with Hannah for a good while; I'm so happy she and the family made it back safely. Glad to have you back in the States, Garcias!
So this next week and a half is going to be interesting: we have a break until next Thursday. As much as I love it, there's one thing I have to put on the top of my list: FINISHING THE ASSESSMENTS. These things are so difficult; I'm scared I'm not going to pass this semester because of the difficulty. Fortunately, my flatmates said they could help me out since they've done it already, so praise the Lord for that. If I can get at least 2 of the 3 done by Wednesday, that would be great. Pray that I do.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment