Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 126: How can I help you?

Thursday. A highlight of the weekend. A time a service, fellowship, and personal reflection. Today started off like every other Thursday: Sisterhood. As usual, I began by working with the amazing Logistics team (our leader, Ian, even got us cookies!!!) and then it was off to the "unofficial waterboy service". I don't care what others may think, I have a blast doing that tiny extra step to place value on the women visiting, and they appreciate it every time. I'd say that's sticking closely to the Sisterhood agenda, right? After that, I was recruited by my fellow Californian friend Nicole to help her with the head count (basically counting how many people there were). It can be quite entertaining if you make it that way. Thankfully, I've had experience with head count since I now do that regularly on Powerhouse nights. Plus when I was done, I got to treat myself to a meat pie (putting aside thoughts of the Demon Barber of Fleet Street.. you do know what I'm talking about, right?) so it was a wonderful morning. After a rather rigorous workout called Packdown (packing down the auditorium and foyer of what's not supposed to be there) I got some time off before Old Testament tutorial. Bill had us discuss Psalm 15 and 24:3-6, where David speaks on who can dwell on God's mountain. It's a fantastic Scripture, one of those things where you can ask yourself if you qualify for any one of these traits. What I got out of it was that David used the analogy of the mountain in a great way: When you look at a mountain, you look up to it. For a nature enthusiast like myself, I can't help but stand in awe of that mass of nature. That's how God's presence is. It's something we look up to and stand in awe of. To get up to a place we want to be on that mountain, we obviously have to climb it; same goes for our lives. If we want to get far into God's dwelling place, we have to climb a bit to get there. It's a tough climb, but if you make it to your destination, you get a fantastic view! How good is that, hey? After that awesome class, I had time to kill, so I worked on a new vlog; I like this one, specifically because I honestly have no idea where this one will be headed. Around 5:10, I went back to school for a chapel workshop; we listened in on tips for being on the worship group during chapels. It was a great time to see how much love is put into the worship and stuff. Hillsong treats worship like a child: with absolute care, respect, and open mindedness to where it can go. It's awesome; and so was Team Night. We got to hear from Annie Garret, who is one of the worship leaders most people don't know. She's super cool though; and apparently, she's happily prego with her second child! Besides helping pack down after Team Night, having a small snack time with a few friends, and hanging out at Donny's place for a while, I feel this day was excellent. I just finished a card for my friend Ashley, who is an amazing photographer. I hope she like what I made for her; this one took a while to make. Off to sleep!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment