Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 143: ..And on the 8th day God created cheesecake.

So today was interesting. I was originally planning on waking up at 5:30 to get ready for choir. However, due to my falling asleep on my way out of bed, I ended up waking up again at the wonderfully convenient time of 6:29. Naturally, I got ready in my new record time: 7 minutes. I did just about everything, and then I ran to church; I made it in a record 3 minutes, which I would love to be able to do more often. So fortunately I didn't miss the warmups, and then we served in the 8 a.m. service. The MC, Crishan, decided to acknowledge the choir for what we do, which was very nice; he then asked if we could do a complete improvised song for that moment. We were completely caught off guard, and we ended up just singing the chorus to the last song we sand for worship. I will say, it was fun though. In the morning, we got to hear from Darlene Zschech, who spoke on God's presence and how "He is here." It was a very good message. Afterwards, I was planning on getting some extra sleep, but I ended up working with Donny and Andrew on a song they were recording. So I never thought I would be a co-writer of a rap, but apparently that's what I did; thanks to awesome people like B.Reith, Group 1 Crew, and Family Force 5, I know a thing or two about coming up with clever lyrics that convey a good message. It made me completely slack on assessment work time, but it didn't really matter. Then I went to the 7 p.m. service in the evening; this time, we got to hear from Carl Lentz, a former Hillsong college student who is going to be running Hillsong New York with his wife and Joel Houston. He gave one of the most epic messages of the year, hands down; it's no mystery why he was picked to run the first church in America. He just knows how to connect with people; he's gonna be a fantastic leader. As of right now, I am still working on my assessment, but it's mainly just finishing the very last part; two small changes and I am FINISHED. Thank you Jesus for giving me the patience and determination to get this thing done. Couldn't have done it without you!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment