Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 141: Taking Things a Little More Seriously

Today was another awakening in my heart. The morning started with chapel rehearsal, which was loads of fun despite the fact that I didn't get very much sleep. We had a guest speaker in Old Testament: Ray Bevan from Wales. He's well past his fifties, but he has the heart and energy of one of us; it was awesome. He spoke on being listening leaders, and how God's voice was what challenged His people. It made me really think about how I've been wanting to hear from God, but I haven't quite been "still" enough to hear it. We also got to hear from him during chapel, which was just amazing; God came down like a rushing wind, and we all got something out of it. After that great chapel, I went over to Coles to get a couple things for our target of blessing in our Personal Leadership tutorial, and then it was time to start the class. Today's subject was fitness (oddly enough, I just got pulled into a fierce exercise thing with my flatmate Anders; apparently, his fitness apps on his iPhone are so good, he wants me to the fitness tracking with him. As I'm typing, I'm feeling sore in places I didn't even know had muscle mass; it doesn't feel so great now, but after what I've been through these past few days, I might actually be able to lift something heavier than my normal limit. It's a possibility, of course. ) Anita talked on how being in a generally good physical condition is a key in being a leader; with better physical strength, you have more energy to get things done. It's a simple truth, really. Then we took personality tests, since another key in leadership is knowing your personal strengths and weaknesses and maintaining a good balance between them. It was a very good, informative class, and I feel inspired. Anita also gave me tremendous help on my journaling; keeping a consistent journal as an assignment hasn't been the easiest, but I'm feeling more confident in myself to get it done. I'm believing that it can and will be done. Afterwards, it was back to the flat (we finally got internet back after a 32 hour split from the rest of the world) and I finished another couple parts of the goal setting assessment. All I have left is to go through the budgeting exercise, review my monthly schedule and budgeting, and THEN this thing is OVER!! I'm so close to the finish line; I can see it right in front of me. Pray that I get across. Fast.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment