Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 450: The Final Stretch (Colour)

The way the church sees it is that even though the conferences are over, they consider the Sunday services right after to be directly affiliated with Colour. This is mainly because of the women that come for the conference but visit on Sunday as well; the church wants them to have as good of an experience in the church as they would at the conference. It's a great concept, really; it's what connects the church to everything else they do. Hillsong aims to involve God in literally everything they do, and it definitely inspires people. This morning, I got to direct for the 8 a.m. service once again; now I'm starting to get the hang of this. I'm rostered to direct again next Sunday, so I want to be ready for it. The rest of the day was solely dedicated to getting some rest, because even on these next two days off I'll still be doing some work then. The evening was amazing; Christine Caine, a Hillsong veteran and current leader of the A21 campaign to battle human trafficking across the world, gave an incredible message on God being within the impossible. My dad would always tell me that with God, nothing was impossible; this message brought me back to those times growing up when I felt that it would be impossible for me to accomplish certain things. Even being in this country, studying at this college would have seemed impossible to me a few years ago; but here I am, standing on God's faithfulness and grace. Colour 2011 is officially over; I need to hang out with guys this whole week or I'm going to lose my mind talking to girls anymore.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment