Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 429: Outnumbered 6 to 1

Today's main event was a video shoot for this coming Friday's chapel; basically what's happening is a few girls will be performing a special item that will also support the Colour conference happening the very next week; my oversight Lauren's idea was to incorporate a video to play in the background while the band was performing; so we spent a good 4 hours getting the video together. There were 19 girls in total for the video, so it was a bit awkward being in a van surrounded by females; I guess I should get used to it since Colour will have a few thousand woman in the same building at the same time. What's great about being on the college creative team is that I don't have to do things by myself; I have my own team to assist me! We took in a couple guys from the new intake that have done video work in the past, and whenever I have an upcoming video shoot, they come with me and help film it all. It definitely brings the pressure down on my part. The even better part is that the editing is shared amongst the team too; I'm mainly focusing on making sure that College News keeps coming, and the other guys work on the college creative projects. One of the higher power students sent me a link to a website where I could get some of the biggest video/graphic design programs for conveniently cheaper prices than normal; my ultimate goal is to try to get Final Cut Express so I can start learning how to use Final Cut Pro (which I may or may not be getting for free courtesy of the college once they receive new licenses). The Express version is much cheaper than the full program, and it gives you a summarized version of the potential of the program; so far what I've seen has impressed me a lot, but I'm going to need to dedicate a lot of time to figure it out. Another week starts, and a lot of work is coming with it.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment