Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 428: Making HIStory

A while back my dad sent me an email with a small note to read Judges 6:12; Judges is one of my favorite books of the Bible, so I felt comfortable checking it out. There's only one part of this verse that has the potential to uplift the spirit: "The Lord is with you, mighty warrior." I've always questioned whether or not this type of word could apply to my life, especially the mighty warrior. I've certainly been raised to be a mighty warrior (thanks for that, mom and dad), but I'll admit I haven't lived like one consistently. I have at times a lazy, selfish mentality that takes over whenever I'm in a place I don't necessarily want to be; but sometimes God reels you in to show you something cool. Take today for example. There were a lot of expectations set on the TV team today for chapel; this was because we had a couple major things happening in chapel. One was a video to play in the background while an all girl band was performing a song by the Dixie Chicks (it's the one from Runaway Bride) which wasn't all that difficult to manage; the other, was a little something called College News. I was informed that in the history of college this has not happened before; there have been attempts, but they were unsuccessful. This week I was determined to make it happen; I've been pushing the idea since last semester! During the rehearsal, I dealt with a bit of technological letdown; the videos weren't playing the way I wanted them to. It was so stressful I ended up having to skip my only class of the day to make sure it was going to work. My ultimate saving grace came in the form of my good friend and fellow televisionary Hanna; she gave me a step by step crash course on how to convert and load videos onto the system, which is something I need to know for this year anyway (so double win for me). Before she came to help, I was so brought down by it all; this whole video thing was my proving ground, and it wasn't looking too good at the time. God decided to wake me up and used my friend Amy to encourage me for the day; she said that if we're not including God in all this and being task-oriented, then we don't have any use to play the videos. As soon as she finished talking, I felt so convicted; I realized right then and there how I was acting; I totally left Him out of the equation, and that was making it harder on myself. So as soon as everyone left to either class or to go home, I stayed behind, pulled out my Bible, and just talked with God. I looked back at Judges 6:12, and as I was reading I felt the words popping off the page and into my spirit. God's words were speaking right to me, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. From there on, my energy was renewed and literally everything was working almost perfectly. College News was an absolute success, praise God. It was the smoothest chapel service for TV I've had all year, praise God. And I felt such a peace in my heart from this whole experience, praise God. He was the center of the day, the main focus where everything else fell into place around Him. And it was the best day of 2011 so far.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment