Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 438: Darkest Before Dawn

Today marked the eve of the first Colour conference; in less than 12 hours I will be on a bus heading to the Sydney Entertainment Center to help "bump in" all the equipment and set up the venue for the next 3 days. A year ago, I wasn't sure what to expect from this conference; this time, I'm super excited to see what happens. Even the fact that I get to be part of the TV team makes this conference that much more exciting; I really want to film as much of this as possible. I just don't even know if I'll be able to, but we'll see. This morning was... interesting at best. After our rehearsal we had the student/staff meeting where we got crash course training on what to expect for Colour, but the way it started was unusual and almost disturbing. So the way services usually run is after the pre-roll the worship team starts with a praise song; but this time it started with a random song being played over the monitors; turns out our campus pastors weren't in the building, but no one but the top leaders knew. So we all ended up having a random dance party instead of praise and worship; different.... but entertaining. Chapel itself was amazing today; we had a Touching Heaven chapel, where we had an extended time of worship and prayer. The rest of the day didn't involve much, but that's okay; this way I can get some extra sleep to get ready for tomorrow and the rest of the week!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment