Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 436: The Cross, Not the Crutch

Tonight, Crishan spoke on the difference between taking up your cross and following Christ daily and using the cross as a crutch. He talked on how a crutch can only do so much for you despite it's limits, while the cross goes far beyond our expectations and desires. It sure made me think and examine myself; my spiritual life is one of the biggest challenges I face here in college. Because I'm serving in so many areas of the church and college, I can easily forget the why and focus on the what; basically this is me confessing that it's happened several times this semester. But this is also me realizing that my relationship with God is a growth process; I know that if I want to succeed this year, I need to spend time with Him and make sure that His voice is heard in my life. Today was one of those days where it was simply a win; everything was fantastic, and knowing that I'm forgiven and loved makes it all worth it.

God bless,
Steven

P.S. Colour starts this week; pray for me now haha

No comments:

Post a Comment