Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 444: The Hero's Holding Out

I totally pulled off a record sleep in this morning. Thanks to my many years at SFC, my internal clock would naturally wake me up around 6 or 7; that was just completely normal for me. So for me to wake up at 11:20 a.m. was a shock and awe moment. I've never woken up that late, so I'm still a bit in disbelief that I allowed myself to do that. Anyways, after a bowl of cereal I finished editing a video for the Colour conference; I want to point out that this specific video was being made for the students, as in there wasn't any particular project attached to it. I simply wanted to make a video that honored the hard work that we did to help pull off this amazing conference. It just so happened that around 10 minutes after I finished the editing that I get a message from two of my oversights with a message from Mary, our creative director. She was wondering if there was any possibility for us to have a presentation for celebrating Colour; if that's not God timing, I don't know what is. So I told her that I had a video made, and after a couple requests here and there, I made two versions: my original, epic video and it's shorter, more time convenient counterpart. For chapel, a 2 minute difference between these versions makes all the difference; I just wish we could use the full one, because it really captures the fullness of how great the team was while the other one gives only a piece of it. Either way, after it's played in college, I will share it with everyone else on Facebook so if anyone missed it they can still see it. We had a family dinner with the chapel core team this evening, and it was great; our fearless leader, Toast, made curry for us, and it was the bomb.com. We talked over this coming weekend, since the first year students were going to be heading their own chapel for the first time; there's lots of preparation needed for this, so we need to have it figured out before then. My day finished by being introduced for the first time to a little show called Heroes; I've always wanted to see this show, but because of my busy church life back in the day, I never could. This show, in summary, is awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of it.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment