Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 434: Always Last Minute

One thing that's funny about college is how many things are usually run last minute. Because I am now part of the Hillsong Men media team, I don't really have to be there as early; however, I got a phone call from my friend Kyle ten minutes before my alarm asking if I could play piano for praise and worship. So I quickly got ready and headed over; it's funny how I've been playing piano more than I've been playing bass since I switched my major. Working with guys like Jared, (B)ryan, Aksel, Colin, and Kyle is always an honor, because these guys have the heart of the church; when it comes to being a muso, I look up to them. Misterhood this morning was great; my fellow filmmaker Tommy finished our pre-roll video (pre-roll is the video that plays before the beginning of a service to build up excitement), and it was a huge success; I'm very proud to see that he's getting right into the culture so quickly. Around the end of Sisterhood, I was approached by Mary asking if I could help with a video project later on; more on that in a bit. Classes today were awesome; lots of great input from our teachers, as well as insight on some big assessments coming up. Now on to Team Night; tonight was the last Team Night for our creative pastor, Gabe Kelly, as he and his family is heading out to the New York church to build that up. He'll be surely missed; Gabe is such an influential leader, but we know he'll be a great addition to the New York team. Right after Team Night, I got my film team member Jonothan and headed to the garage to help with filming. We filmed a small little section of what will eventually be the opener for Colour conference; didn't quite realize how big this is until they mentioned that. To think that with a little God mixed into your passions, He opens all kinds of opportunities; I got the privilege to be part of Colour conference in a whole new way. Wow... just wow...

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment