Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 360: The Feed

So Christmas was yesterday. Just like that it's over, and there's six days of the year left. Today was the last Sunday of 2010; wow, has time flown. Today we visited a church that our cousins Jorge and Rosie go to, and I enjoyed it a lot. It's cool to get a different perspective every now and then. After that, the family (Derek included; you know what, let's just go with him always being included in the family.) went to have lunch at this place called Everett & Jones. Apparently, it was so good the last time they went that they HAD to take me there. All I can say about Everett & Jones is that it just may be some of the best barbecue I've had in my whole life. My WHOLE LIFE. I tried their chicken, beef brisket, and ribs, and sweet mother of Jehosaphat are they good; I made sure to save some to have tomorrow. Coming home was nice and simple; all I really did was hang out with my dad, watching movies and video editing. Not to mention the dogs, who are great company when you dismiss their tendencies of being absolute lunatics sometimes. You'd think that after a massive lunch I'd be done with eating for the day; well..... it wasn't the end just yet. I ended up having an evening run to Taco Bell, where I used a bunch of coupons to get a bunch of food to sustain me for the next couple days. I'm pretty sure I'll be running on a full tank of fuel this week; I just need to try and regain my composure so the American eater within me doesn't transfer over to Australia. I say that mainly because I ate differently over there; it actually benefitted me too! I don't really ever keep track of my height, weight, etc.; but I certainly felt better throughout this year. There's just something about Australia.... guess I won't be finding out the secret to it's success anytime soon.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment