Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 346: Dawn of Reunion

Today was special, and not just because it was Sunday. I got to see one of my very good friends, Brian, and it was a fun time hanging out with him in Spanish church (I attempted to translate, but fortunately for us they got Abraham to do the translating for me). After a good afternoon in church, my family (Derek and Brian included) went to Taqueria Guadelajara to chow down on some burritos (which were awesome; it made me think of how much I truly appreciated Mad Mex for giving me a small piece of home.) After that, I went with Mandy, Derek, and Brian to watch Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which I will say was alright. The only complaint I had was the voice of the cousin; this kid probably could have been more annoying, but man it was a test of my patience for sure haha. However, Liam Neeson delivered a fantastic role as Aslan (as he always does), so that for me was a worthy redeeming factor. It's days like these, where everything is just good, that I appreciate life the most. We even have a tree now!!! Our place is looking very Christmas-y; this I can get used to.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment