Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 339: Culture Shock?!

Ah. the return of a traditional Hispanic Sunday. I surprised myself today by waking up at 10 a.m. (which if you know me, is a bit unusual..) My family's been going to the Garcia family's church, and from what I've heard so far it's going well there. To be completely honest, being in a Spanish church environment took a little while for me to get used to again; Hillsong culture is so different that when I got to a place I've known for years, it was actually a bit weird. Then again, I don't worry about rosters or fieldwork or assessments here at home, so I guess it balances out by not being as overwhelming. It was great to see more of my spiritual family, and it'll be a great time to catch up on what's happening. The highlight of my day was finally watching Iron Man 2; if you remember, I said I would wait until I could see it with my family to watch it. I'll admit it's been a tough time since it came out, but now I can be at peace. Home cooked meals are also a blessing; just throwing that out there.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment