Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 343: Shadow of the Cross

Today was one of the best, I think. This morning, I went to SFC to say hello to all my teachers; it felt great to be there again, because from what I've been hearing, the school is doing fantastic. Pastor Mike was telling me all about how the students have been heading up worship for chapels, and I was so happy to hear that; I was hoping that worship could continue, so I'm very proud of those students and what they're accomplishing.
After that little trip, I went on a small mission that ended up being one of the most powerful moments of my year. I was going to Mt. Davidson, the highest peak in San Francisco, to do some pre-visualization for my next video project (just the word pre-visualization makes me feel like I'm taking this a little too serious haha). I got directions before I left home, but when I got there, it was blocked off by a house's backyard; I was honestly super confused at that point. I decided to drive around the mountain to find another way in; eventually I found a small staircase that went up into the woods and started the climb. It was a tough 25 minutes, but when I got near the top and looked out to the city, it made me think back to the last time I was on that mountain with my ministries class and P. Shawn (good times, good times). I finally made it to the cross and started to get my pre-vis. shots, but when I began to look at the cross, I felt a warmth in my heart. Right then and there, I felt God speaking to me. This is a summary of what I received: In the same way I went through a lot to get to the top of this mountain and to the cross, God's been leading me along a path day by day that will eventually lead to the "top". As long as I don't give up, but keep pressing onward, I will get to the top, and I will see His face. It put me to tears inside, and I spent the rest of my time there just talking to God and praying over my family and personal battles. I felt loved up there; there's just something about the cross and what it represents that really hits me. It's not just a symbol or monument; it's the reason we're even here, right now. It's the reason we have the opportunity to connect with God on a personal level. It's the reason I celebrate life and all that's come with it. Selah.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment