Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 336: The Last Night of 2010

Right now, I feel like reflecting on the past ten months instead of today. Don't get me wrong, today was great; but after realizing this is my last night here for the year, I want this one to be a bit different. Ten months ago, I didn't know what to expect of all this. I had an idea of what the college was like thanks to the GE trips, but to actually BE part of the college and church, it brought a whole different perspective to my mind. From the first week onward, I was blown away, broken apart, and convicted at the same time; it's been like nothing I've ever experienced. I can only thank God that all these years of my life dedicated to ministry and to the house were everything I needed to be prepared for this year and what it brought me. I've done a mass amount of assessments, served in hundreds of services, volunteered for two conferences and experienced one as an attendee, practiced 3 times as much on instruments compared to the last few years combined, and I've built friendships that could last a lifetime. I guess that's just what happens at college. Lately, I've been thinking about the next season, what lies ahead of me when I'm finished with college at Hillsong. It's full of uncertainty, but one thing I know is that I'm open to all options. Will I get called by God to do a third year? Will I be called to take my ministry experiences back home and sow it into places like SFC and City Impact? Will God send me into a whole other land and do ministry there? Will I end up staying down under permanently? I've asked all these questions, and at this point, they all have the same answer: I don't know. That's what kinda worries me about the mystery of God; He's the only one that knows what's next, and all we can do is live it out and trust that we're on the same page. Am I worried about what lies beyond? Oh yeah. Am I worried about God's plan? Not at all. Am I excited about coming home? Like you don't even know.. regardless, I have a massive extended family now, and I couldn't be in a better place in life. I still have a few weeks left of the year, but to leave Australia feels like the end already; I am super grateful that I can come home for six weeks and share with my family what's happened. Tomorrow's a big day; like literally, because I'm gonna have an extended Friday (since I'll time travel in an instant!) I don't know if I'll have a blog for tomorrow, but just in case I don't, I'm sure that in Jesus' name I'll make it safely home and get to rest.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment