Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 91: "It's Buzz Lightyear!"

Today was a bit different in a good way.

Sisterhood started bright and early with some setting up for the ladies' morning. I, however, was not assigned to Logistics as usual, but to Kids; that certainly brought back memories of when I helped my sister Mandy run Sunday School. So after helping a few Logistics guys set up, we went to the kids area; these kids sure have fun here. At first I was getting accustomed to this new environment I entered, but it was only a matter of time until the inevitable: I became the target. We had this epic pillow fight, using the massive lounge pillows, some basic decoration pillows, and even some couch cushions! I gotta say, despite being surrounded by all these 3 to 5 year olds, I had a blast. The reason for the title of this particular entry is because we watched Toy Story 2; totally made it all worth it. I got to mentally relive the memories of when I was the age of these kids, being fascinated by Toy Story and how it inspired me to treat my toys with care (you should have seen how much I embraced my Beanie Babies after watching that movie.. yes, I did AND still own a vast collection of Beanie Babies. Don't judge, I love them dearly.) It was an awesome morning; after that it was a solid break until the Old Testament tutorial.

Today's class was treated to a viewing of a video discussing Noah's Ark and how it could be proven scientifically and based on natural evidence; and although this video was very dated, making the special effects, reenactments, and overall film quality kind of lame, it gave some pretty good insight on how this incredible story was laid out. We talked over it for a bit, and before we knew it, our class time was over. Then to enjoy my afternoon.

I got to talk with Hannah again which was nice; I feel very blessed to have people in my life that care about me (so if you're someone I share friendship, trust, and respect with, you're an amazing blessing in my life and I love you all like a fat kid loves chocolate cake). After that wonderful chat, I headed down to church again for the Team Night. Reuben Morgan sent us an email earlier in the week informing us that he wanted us to get a proper chance for having Communion (since most of us are on the stage serving as part of the worship team, we don't usually get to participate in taking Communion). So for Team Night, we had Communion, accompanied with some worship; it was a very nice time with God, and I feel more than ready to take on this weekend. After the Team Night was finished, I decided to stop by Coles and get some ingredients for an experimental breakfast I'm going to attempt to make sometime during the weekend (don't worry mom, thanks to your wisdom I know how to properly cook an egg) We'll see how that goes. Well, I better get to bed; tomorrow's going to be a long day, and I am going to need plenty of rest to take it on.

God bless,
Steven

P.S. the extra special thing that happened today was that I got to talk to none other than B.Reith!! I had a chat with him on Facebook, and it was so cool that he responded. Hopefully, I can become a legitimate friend with him; that'd be awesome. Be on the lookout for his new music video for "Antidote", coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment