Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 90: What a Wednesday

Ah, rest days; sometimes you get to do what you want, and sometimes you end up doing something completely different. The morning was basically procrastinating on going to the post office; I took most of the morning re-doing some vocal tracking on my songs. Because there was bits of noises here and there, I wouldn't fully use my voice, so seeing as how the other guys were in class, I took the opportunity to get it done. So I have 5 songs completely finished and ready for the world. I finished what will be the 7th song for Here and Alive, so all that's left is my complete re-imagining of the 2nd song and the 6th song. After that, it's only a matter of releasing it. How will I do that is the real question...

So after I did some pretty good recording (by good, I mean that I accomplished a lot), I traveled to the post office. I've been waiting on a package for about 2 weeks now, so I went to see if there was any information on it. Unfortunately, there wasn't any word on the package, so I just went back home. On the way back, I got some yellow curry over rice at a nearby Thai restaurant and ate it while checking out the Charmaine's CD, Love Reality; not only was the curry good, but that CD is great. I found out she was a backup singer for Rebecca St. James back in the day, so it's no wonder this Australian girl got my attention right away. After having a small chat with Hannah, I went to Powerhouse for the Warehouse Wednesday night. Basically, this was a special chill night featuring some local Australian talent that performed some of their music for us. That's something I've looked forward to seeing in a long time, so it was great; the guest artists rocked the auditorium, and they were surprised at how welcoming we were to them (that's the love of Jesus, yo!) Anyways, it was a good day; tomorrow's another Sisterhood morning!

God bless,
Steven

P.S. if you want to listen to Charmaine's CD, Love Reality, the awesome people at Jesusfreakhideout.com are hosting a listening party, which means they're streaming the whole album online for free. here's the link to have a listen at her amazing album:
http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/listeningparty/party3.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment