Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 85: All About Awesome

This morning started off with a great Old Testament lecture on the Torah, or the first 5 books of the Bible. Catrina talked about the journey from Exodus to Deuteronomy; lots of discussion on the covenant and grace that God had since the beginning. She's really good at taking this part of the Bible that most people don't necessarily care about and making it the best thing we could ever read. Technically it is, but anyways.. after that class, we had chapel. It was sweet to be part of choir again; loads of fun (or as the Australians say, 'it's heaps fun!' ." We got an incredible word from a visiting pastor from Michigan; he spoke on forgiveness and used the life of a Holocaust-surviving Jew who wrote a book on his experiences. After a quick lunch,we had the Personal Leadership tutorial. I really like this class; it's so informative and helpful. Esther liked the card I made for her (awesome!) and I'm happy all that work was worth it. What I truly enjoy about that card making activity is that it takes my first love and original path and incorporates it into my new path; God allows me to use both my passions as a student seeking His will for my life. How cool is that?? Tonight was Empire night, which is basically all the age groups (Fuel, Wildlife, and Powerhouse) from all 3 campuses (City, Hills, and Southwest) are linked for a whole service. It's awesome. Lots of energy, lots of movement in the spirit, and lots of need of air conditioning; I sure had a blast. Tomorrow is the beginning of Servolution: the week long movement in Australia for service in every way. Let's get started!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment