Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 82: Smooth.

Today began with an awesome Personal Leadership class talking about prayer life. It was a wake up call for all of us in some way; for me, it showed me that the way I pictured prayer life in my head is different than it should be. I was used to the idea that a good prayer could have been something like waking up super early to pray and praying for a long time. But Duncan talked about how it was not about having a routine, but rather having a solid relationship; instead of trying to make goals and feeling condemned when you don't accomplish it, you could make your own pace and let it develop as you do it more. That was one problem with me: I would try to have a committed plan for praying, and when it didn't work, I felt like I needed to get saved again or something. But I felt encouraged knowing that the method I have now is enough as I'm progressing towards an intimate level with God.
After the combined staff/student meeting, I went back home to chat with the family; I like being able to keep in touch with my family, it's great. When we parted ways, I decided to record; didn't really go anywhere, but I guess it's because I can't come up with a solid idea on how to finish these last 2 songs. I also finally uploaded the 3rd video blog, which was a relief. Other than that, it was a relax day. Tomorrow hopefully will be just as relaxing.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment