Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 87: Progress and Comfort

This morning started pretty cool. Around midnight I prayed that God would give me the strength to wake up early, since I had to be there as part of my position as choir security; I spent the whole week freaking out over it because I didn't know what to expect. It turned out being really simple, so thank God He answered my prayer and made it easy for me to accomplish my task. The 8 A.M. service is fascinating; since the worship is more of an acoustic style it's a soft but still powerful way of starting the morning off right. We also got to hear from Pastor Brian, which was pretty cool since he doesn't always come out to the City campus. We had an incredible prayer moment that really encouraged me. Afterwards, I got to present an "item" (that's what they call a special song performance); I went with a personal favorite, Starfield's Son of God. That song will always be dear to my heart, and I love being able to share it with friends. The remainder of the morning was invested in resting from the loss of sleep earlier in the morning. I also did some recording work for Here and Alive; I finally got a solid formula for the last song, but I still have to work on the 6th song, as well as the revise of the 2nd song. It's causing some setbacks, so I don't know when it will be completely finished. Lord willing I can get it done before the end of April, because I want to get started on my SFC tributes and Christmas music before the year is done. Can you believe we already passed a quarter of the year? Wow, time flies. I also got to meditate on some excellent Scripture; I read out of Daniel 1, which is when Daniel and his posse ate veggies and water for 10 days and ended up looking healthier than the other guys. It reminded me of how the world offers us things that seem tasty and good, but they end up not helping our health. But when we choose the healthier choices (God, obviously), we become stronger, more confident, and in better condition than the people that don't. I felt pretty good after that read, so I got to relax even more. I also got to make a Facebook AND MySpace page for my music project; it'll be difficult to run those 2 consistently, but we'll see how it goes.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment