Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 70: Colour Conference, Part 1 of 3

Colour started early, around 7 a.m. for me. We arrived at campus and then got on the bus to head to the Sydney Entertainment Center. We were then allocated to our respective positions where we would work in all day. My job was venue safety, which is basically security (yes, I was a security person.) The team was split throughout the building, and we used radios for communication; it was awesome. We looked spiffy, dangerous, AND important! It started off a bit boring due to the job of watching a section of doors to make sure no one used them to exit (they were all fitted with alarms; very annoying alarms). Our breaks helped us relax, but after a while, it was boring to not have anything to do. Even on my breaks I ended up helping people just to be active. It was such a great experience though; I met lots of great guys, I ran into a very old friend from my first mission trip to Australia (he's on his 3rd year working towards a degree!), and I got to familiarize myself with the area. Although I missed the opening sequence for the conference, I got bits and pieces of it all thanks to Flipper, the camera. Hopefully I can find some time to put this video together for you all. Lots of serving, lots of smiling, and lots of making women feel special; that's the mission, and that's the success so far.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment