Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 88: Music Beyond the Horizon

So today was pretty much all about music. We started the morning with a lecture on being ready. There are many times when we might have a certain plan set, but something last minute comes up and we either freak out, or we are fully prepared. Usually the person that works and prepares on their own time is the one that succeeds. Also, sometimes we have to be ready to die to ourselves and watch other succeed; it's all parts of being a good servant. Mary is a great communicator; she knows how to get every point to make sense!
Music Excellence followed, which is the one class where we work firsthand with the instruments. Our performance day is 2 weeks from today; so fast!! I feel my group is ready, so I'm not super worried. We worked on remembering whatever things we may have forgotten, and we also got to talk a little bit on the next song we may be doing for the next performance. Overall, it was a good session. The tutorial was also great. We had a very good team exercise/game called the Love Circle, where we would give a chocolate to one person and tell them one encouraging thing about them. It ended up being just constant passing around of chocolate haha it was great. I spent the afternoon recovering rest I didn't get from lack of enough sleep (I didn't sleep too well last night, but I'm alright now!) I also got to spend some time with my flatmate Anders; seriously, this is one cool man of God. Erik was gone most of the day because his dad flew in for the week, so they're spending quality time together. I also got to share the love of music with some people by making a couple CDs, which is cool. Tomorrow will be another short day, so hopefully I can find something to do in the later half of the day.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment