Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 68: Colour Is Coming

Today was all about preparing for Colour conference. This morning we had a combined staff/student meeting going over details, schedules, and allocations. It's quite a load of work that's coming our way, but I feel we're all more than ready to take it on. I got to serve in chapel choir again, which was so awesome. I have so much fun when i'm up there; it feels great. We also got our laminated passes for getting access to the conference; something EXTREMELY important. In the afternoon, I got a chance to talk with my mom, updating each other on what's going on. I was then invited by Anders to go hang out with some other college guys at this place called EQ, which is a small but super convenient shopping area that's less than 5 minutes away from where we're staying. There's lots of restaurants, activity places including the good ol' bowling/laser tag combo (It's called laser skirmish over here haha) and even a movie theater. But I won't be watching any movies anytime soon. We did a round of laser tag, and it was crazy; you can just tell who plays more video games than others. I did an average job in that battle; eh... we then hung out at Gloria Jean's Coffee (interesting fact: Gloria Jean's is very much like Peet's Coffee from San Francisco; locally started. BUT it was actually started by a member of Hillsong church; how cool is that?!). It was nice. I also got to see a spot for an incredible view of the Sydney skyline, which I will definitely be using for a video or something. Tomorrow is when preparations begin for Colour; it's gonna be one crazy awesome weekend.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment