Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 72-73: Colour's End and week's beginning

Sorry for not updating this yesterday; I arrived back here in the flat very late, and I was exhausted. Unfortunately, I didn't get to record as much yesterday, but I did get little pieces here and there. As you can imagine, it was quite busy on the last day; venue safety went all out to get the job done. I loved working with those guys; it's a shame I'm probably not gonna see some of them again. We all worked together so well, it was so much fun standing at a door for an hour while having random conversations over the radios. Colour conference just rocked; and to think we're only halfway done. The second conference is this weekend, and this time it's going to be at the Hills campus; much less of a problem concerning how much you would have to walk to get around. This year, the college decided to try something else: having the 2nd and 3rd year students serve at the second Colour, and us 1st years working diligently here at the City campus for a Be the Change weekend (Be the Change is just a service project we have every other couple months). My feet are still aching over the excessive walking from the weekend, but thanks to God that I can still walk at all. Now that I'm relaxing, they're feeling much better; I just hope I don't have to do THAT much walking next time. When the conference was officially finished, it was cleanup time; everyone worked together to try and get it done as soon as possible so we could all go home as soon as possible. I noticed the Logistics guys were staying behind and working extra so everyone else could go and sleep, but because I love Logistics and it was my original roster area, I decided to stay and help them out. It was actually pretty fun; Logistics happened to have some of the craziest guys on the team. After about an hour of pure work, we were treated to a midnight snack at Macca's (which just so happens to be the Australian slang term for McDonald's; cool, hey?). I'm still recovering from conference, but thanks to the Lord that the next 2 days are off.

Today was good too; I woke up nice and early around 5:30 for Sunday morning choir. We did a half hour of warm-ups, and then preceded to practice with the leaders on stage. The morning worship was just incredible; being on choir just brings back all the wonderful memories I have as part of the SFC choirs. One more reason to be grateful that I was heavily involved in high school choir before this; I can handle it with excitement instead of fear. The morning sermon was given by Priscilla Shirer, who spoke on being in our "certain places" in life, using the story of Jacob's dream in the certain place mentioned in Genesis. I was an incredible word, and it made me a fan of ShirerAfter that, I went back to the flat to get some rest back; although I didn't sleep as much as I would have liked, I still got to relax. Later on I attended the evening service, where Holly Wagner gave a message on patience. Both messages seemed to connect, and it was so good to get that encouragement. That about sums up my past 2 days, and now I am going to get some sleep so I can try and gain some sleep I lost over the weekend. Later everyone!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment