Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 89: Fighting the Exhaustion

Today, as the title states, was a battle to stay awake. I woke up a bit earlier than I normally would have wanted (6 a.m.) to go on a run with my other Norwegian friend Jorge; probably the most brutal workout time I've ever had. Lots of running, a few sets of pushups and tricep dips; all very hard to do after a while. I got back to the flat and did a couple stretches to prevent feeling like a stick tomorrow, and then I started getting ready for class. Today's Personal Leadership lecture was on planning out the vision for our lives and how we could start moving towards it. Duncan is an excellent teacher; I always look forward to his lessons. After the class, we had chapel, which was incredible. Our wonderful principal Catrina gave an awesome message on being each other's armor bearer, referring to the story when Jonathan and his armor bearer stepped out in faith and defeated the Philistines. The most interesting part is when she mentioned a story in modern history when an Israeli soldier read this passage the night before the next battle; he approached his leaders and asked if they could try the same tactic Jonathan used. In the end, it was an almost exact repeat of the Bible story; I think that was a pretty cool story! When I came here to the flat, I had a good chat with the family, and not too long after I had a chat with Hannah and Nadia (mostly Hannah, of course). Praise be to God for creating whoever came up with Skype; seriously, this program is so convenient. It's the perfect way to communicate with people; if any of you people back home in San Francisco use Skype, I'd love to chat with you sometime! The remainder of the evening was hanging out with the Connect Group; we had a dinner night, which was awesome. We also talked about conspiracy theories, free masonry (just like National Treasure), and church related stuff; it very much was a connecting time instead of just a Bible study time. That was mainly because there was four of us out of the usual 7 or 8 guys that come regularly. It was a good day; I have some errands to take care of tomorrow, so I'm gonna need some rest to handle it all.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment