Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 69: The Night Before a Colourful Weekend

So today was all about preparing for the big Colour Conference; we woke up early to get on the bus heading to the Sydney Entertainment Center, where the conference will be held. We started right away, moving tables, chairs, boxes and other things around the building. I gotta say the Logistics team has the best of times, because there's almost always something to do. we were practically always on the move, going from section to section working away at making the place look like a woman's dream come true. We have an area called Pamper, which is basically a beauty parlor (very interesting that they do that at conference), several booths advertising sponsors and partners in ministry like Compassion International, a couple cafe areas for people to hang out on off time, and a HUGE kids area for when all the moms are in sessions. It's truly incredible when you see how much work is put into making this conference like home; they want the women to be comfortable in this environment, and they sure do a great job. The one thing I wish I did was take my camera, because then I could show everyone how big of a deal this conference is; however, I WILL be taking it along for the next 3 days to document this historic event. Hopefully I'll get opportunities to record though. Alright, I need to get some sleep, because many of the muscles in this body are worn out/pulled/sore/in need of a rest. It's gonna be an amazing time.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment