Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 93: Saturday interlude

Today was a good day. It started off with the amazing Street Teams. Unfortunately due to some confusion over an email sent a few days ago, many of our team thought today's serving was optional, so we had a much smaller group today. We managed with the people that did come, but it would have been much more productive if everyone came. The feedback from Tower 1 was fantastic: we had very good conversations with some of the residents, made a new contact within the building, and we got to bless a couple people with some Easter chocolate! I also got to practice a tiny bit of my Russian, which was alright. I just need to work on learning more phrases and pronunciation. Before we knew it, we were pretty much finished. A great way to start the day off.

The afternoon was comprised of resting for tomorrow and doing some filming for the NLA series finale. The resting was good; I think I'll be able to make it through Resurrection Sunday alright, but we'll see. I also got to successfully make some scrambled eggs for dinner, which turned much better than I expected. After filling up on food, it was time for the 6 p.m. service at church.

Tonight was an Encounter service: completely dedicated to worship and prayer. We got to hear an encouraging word from "Sanga", one of THE best preachers here in Hillsong, and we had many prayer requests put out to pray over. It was amazing seeing the need of our congregation; so many hands were raised during the requests for salvation of family/loved ones, hard times, and reuniting with the Lord. God truly overflowed tonight, and I'm glad I got to witness it. We also got treated to some ethnic food after the service: Argentinian style sausages! Man, that stuff was the BOMB!!!

So as I'm here typing this update, I can keep one thing in mind: Easter is my new favorite holiday. When you really think about what this holiday represents and how it should be celebrated, I become more fascinated that after all these years, Jesus is still acknowledged and praised as the Son of God who rose from the dead for us. He died on the cross for mankind, who was unworthy of that sacrifice, in order to make them worth it. He shed blood and water so that we could have an intimate relationship with Him. That makes me appreciate Jesus even more.

God bless,
Steven

P.S. Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment