Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 118: Music Edumacation

So today was a day off. As is every Wednesday. How awesome. Today I noticed revolved around music to some extent; in the morning I was doing some research on Carlos Whittaker and Ayiesha Woods, and I concluded that they would make excellent additions to my plethora of diverse, inspirational music. That about took up my morning; I'll admit, I was a bit lazy to get outside, but I'm okay still. In the afternoon I had a band meeting with Jen, one of our lead vocalists for our next performance. Our current MD, Pamela, has been very busy and unable to really lead this group into getting this song down, so Jen and I have been working together to keep it going even just a little bit. We have a couple ideas in mind that should come in handy for tomorrow's practice. Afterwards, I ended up giving her my "Music Education on Christian-Based Bands You Should Know And Probably Would Like" course; it turned out quite well. She is now a fellow fan of Paper Route, Paper Tongues, and the one and only B.Reith! Ah, the joys of spreading good cheer through my favorite language: music. It was awesome. After a hearty dinner (Hungry Jack's Ultimate Double Angus, which was inspired by Iron Man 2 AND brought back memories of home), I went to Powerhouse a bit early to help set up. I don't know why I have more fun serving at Powerhouse than I do attending, but I just do; it's weird... anyways, the only bad thing that happened today was saying bye to my friend and fellow Californian Johnny Alvarez. We found out this past Sunday that he was planning on leaving Hillsong tomorrow morning, and I found out today that it's because he just didn't really feel right being here. He's going to be heading back to Benny Hinn's ministry college (at least that's what I think it's referred to as. Probably not even close), and he will be greatly missed. He was one of the truly prophetic students here; definitely an inspiration to me. Johnny, you'll be missed over here man; we'll miss you bro! Well I need sleep or else I won't be able to get up for Sisterhood!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment