Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 107: God's moving

Today was incredible; or at least the morning was enough to complete my day.

In the morning, I went with my roommate Tyson to one of our friend's flat for a pancake breakfast; apparently, this is something that happens frequently. Andre made some awesome marble and kinder chocolate pancakes; I can still taste them now..... and there's also a food challenge: as many as possible. The current record is 6, courtesy of Aaron, the very first friend I made here. I kind of want to beat it =) but I'd have to train my stomach for something like that. Anyways, the part that made my day was Street Teams (as it always is); so today was the kind of Street Teams day I look forward to. I got to clean an apartment (first time in 2 months) which was loads of fun, and we got to visit our dear friend Maria, who's still very worried about her sister that's in jail. SO if you could, please pray for the Ayala family, especially Soledad, who is the sister that was put in jail. This family is one of believers, so they've been trusting in God through this season, but that doesn't mean they have to do it alone; I would appreciate the assistance. The part that really got me was when Maria said that she was waiting for us to come; we've impacted her so much in the past 4 weeks that she always looks forward to our visits. She was practically crying the entire time because she was happy that we came to see her; I even got to write her some Scripture in Spanish so she could put it in a place she sees frequently. We've learned that speaking out Scripture is just as powerful (if not, much more) as a personal prayer, so the verse (Isaiah 61:1) was chosen so she could read it and believe that her sister would be freed from jail. It was a God moment, and I'm so happy I was there to see it.

It's a sad thing to see that sometimes we are the only interaction some people have during the week; even though several of them have outside family, they almost never get visits from loved ones. It breaks my heart so see such a massive need just 2 blocks away from church; there's a huge need for spiritual breakthrough in the Waterloo towers, and the little that we do is helping us get closer to a profound connection. Recently, we found out that one of our church members work for the Department of Housing, which is basically the maintaining of safety and good sanitation in the towers. She will be helping get the reports that come from there addressed quicker, which will be of great service to the tenants. God is just preparing the way for the Holy Spirit to flow through the floors and hallways of these buildings; I believe that with all my heart.

As for the rest of the day, it was just going off the energy that I received from Street Teams: having lunch with some great friends and fellow Street Team workers, hanging out at another flat while watching them play Halo ODST and sharing laughs over some awesome Youtube videos, and evening church. It's amazing how one simple moment could set up your day with joy. Man, God is so good. Surely as the air I breathe, surely as the morning lifts the sun, and surely as He hears my prayers, He is here.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment