Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 94: Resurrection Sunday

Ah, the celebration of our Lord and Savior's victory over death; that alone made this day awesome. Of course, there is much more to add to what made this day something to remember.

The morning started just like Friday: waking up early to get started on venue safety. The morning shift with Cubbyhouse is always interesting; seeing half the kids playing and the other half crying for their parents is quite the mix of noise that come out from the place. It was a cool experience though, I will say that. After the morning services were finished, I decided to join some other guys that were going to stay for another hour to do an extra shift until the guys from the Hills campus came to replace us. So we did our jobs until those guys showed up; it was cool to see my former venue safety leader Asla (Yes, I know. Almost like Aslan.) and a few other guys I worked with with during Colour. When we were replaced, Aaron, Michel, Henrik, and I went to Darling Harbour to get some lunch and hang out until we had to go back. We had some Subway sandwiches and some 50 cent ice cream cones from Maccas (McDonald's in Aussie slang) and walked around the harbour a bit. There was some kind of festival going on, so there were quite a bit of street performers throughout the area. After hanging out there, we returned to the SEC, when the Exchange film and art festival was just starting. There were lots of great stuff, all submitted from the various Hillsong campuses, including South Africa and Kiev. When it came time to return to our venue safety jobs, we had very small shifts since there were so many of us on the team now that the Hills campus people joined our group. Fortunately, because of that I got to sit in the final service, which ended up being one of the best parts of the day. They showcased some more of the films, which all were great (one particular short film focused on a man's companion dog being put to sleep put me to flooding tears; I couldn't help but think of my little boys back home. Sausage and Albert, if you ever figure out how to read, know that I miss you two, and that I can't wait to see you in December!) There was also a special appearance from the 2009 winner of Australian Idol, Stan Walker, who is an amazing devout Christian. He's got an amazing voice, this guy. Overall, this service rocked (I would have captured it on film, but because it's a Sunday service, taking pictures and video recording is forbidden.) I will be focusing my next video blog on Easter, but unfortunately I couldn't get much on camera; hopefully, I can put together something informative and entertaining. Well, I am very, very, very, VERY tired and I need me some sleep. Plus I have lots to do these next few break days.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment