Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 117: My Awakening

Revelation. It's amazing when you receive it. God has some good ways of getting your attention. Today, my eyes were open to something new, yet something old at the same time. For years after my depression I wanted to get back to a level of contentment in life I had before things went downward spiral. I wanted so much to have it the way it was, but today I was given a quite obvious revelation, but in a way that I needed to hear it. I like it the way Dr. Dave Martin put it: "The rest of your life is the best of your life." Today I actually soaked that in; I feel kind of weird about that. Today was a good day, don't get me wrong; but the revelation took the biggest impact. Where I thought I was trying to think of others before myself, I realized it was actually the other way around; I felt that what I had was going well, but I was completely wrong. Basically, I have a LOT to work on; prayer that I learn to lead myself before I try to lead others would be appreciated. God's performing heart surgery on me right now;I just hope I make it out alive and well.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment